Short trip to Balje. The main front of the lighthouse points – of course – towards the river Elbe and therefore no real nice location to take pictures – unless you get there by boat.
- Tuscany 2018 — I have published my pictures from recent Tuscany tour over to SmugMug. Here are my favorites out of the 60 pictures. There is also a timelapse video that does show diverse views from the nearly 2 [...]
- Common linnet @ Obereversand — Close to the lighthouse Obereversand there are always Common Linnets and later the year starlings in the wild brier hedge. and as a short interlude, a panoramic version of the lighthouse (without tripod at [...]
- Cappel-Neufeld timelapse — Last test on this before vacation. The problem with manual mode during evening/morning hours is that the light drops resp. kicks in so drastically. After some further reading on the topic, the best way to avoid such is to switch to Aperture-priority mode during capture. However, this will introduce flickering which can be very annoying. [...]
- Cuxhaven – Sahlenburg — Some nice skies over the wadden sea during the evening hours. The band of clouds at the horizon hindered a more colorful sunset. I used the D850 with my Zeiss 18f/3.5 for some shots. Of course I let the timelapse camera run as [...]
- Sahlenburg – Starry skies — My intention was to go for some Aurora Borealis shots. Both evenings before there were good visible ones here and KPI values looked promising in the afternoon. However, no polar lights were seen/photographed. But, instead, I did my first shots of stars in the sky. Above picture was taken at 2254h, so quite late but [...]