In the morning the weather and light was just as good. I could test the Nikkor 500f/5.6 a bit more extensively at the Kugelbake.
On the way back, a more rarely seen species sat on one of the fences. I am almost sure that this is a tree pipit.
So far I am more than satisfied with the lens. Of course the weight and the size are outstanding. Simply fantastic with the D500.
For comparison (on the D500 = 860g):
- D500 with my former AF-S 500f/4 = 4700g
- D500 with AF-S 200-400f/4 = 4250g
- D500 with Sigma 150-600 Sport = 3750g
- D500 with AF-S 500f/5.6 PF = 2320g
- D500 with AF-S 300f/4 PF = 1610g