It has been a while that I did some bird photography. Since some days there is a little wren every morning in a tree close by singing loudly his melody and he does never get tired. So, I decided to take some pictures. While doing so, also an Eurasian tree sparrow and a Chiff chaff showed up.
Birds in the backyard
- Kugelbake with rising moon — It’s been a while since I have been at the Kugelbake. Weather was good, no clouds announced and moonrise right behind the Kugelbake monument and in addition low tide so I could setup my gear in the wadden sea. I arrived at around 11pm and the scenery was still in the light of the sunset [...]
- Tuscany 2018 — I have published my pictures from recent Tuscany tour over to SmugMug. Here are my favorites out of the 60 pictures. There is also a timelapse video that does show diverse views from the nearly 2 [...]
- Common linnet @ Obereversand — Close to the lighthouse Obereversand there are always Common Linnets and later the year starlings in the wild brier hedge. and as a short interlude, a panoramic version of the lighthouse (without tripod at [...]
- Cappel-Neufeld timelapse — Last test on this before vacation. The problem with manual mode during evening/morning hours is that the light drops resp. kicks in so drastically. After some further reading on the topic, the best way to avoid such is to switch to Aperture-priority mode during capture. However, this will introduce flickering which can be very annoying. [...]
- Cuxhaven – Sahlenburg — Some nice skies over the wadden sea during the evening hours. The band of clouds at the horizon hindered a more colorful sunset. I used the D850 with my Zeiss 18f/3.5 for some shots. Of course I let the timelapse camera run as [...]